Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
September 8th 2011
Published: September 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Back in Kuala Lumpur (KL) again, we spent a day going on the hop on/hop off bus to look visit all the interesting sites around town. We were going to go up the twin towers (Petronas) but we didn't get tickets early enough, so we went to some shopping centres, Central Market and Chinatown. Chinatown in Petaling Jaya was really busy and there were a lot of people trying to sell you stuff, especially dodgy movies. That night we stayed at Hotel New Winner. There were lots of signs saying no durian or pets allowed.The smell of the durian fruit is really strong and disgusting. The next day we went on a train to mum's old village called Nilai, where she had stayed over 20 years ago. We checked out her old school and house. No one was home but the neighbour next door gave us their new address. We met up with all our cousins, uncles, aunts, sisters and brothers and friends. Mum also caught up with her special girlfriend, Girly aka (aka means 'older sister'😉. Another day we took a train to Batu Caves. The caves are huge and have Hindu temples inside them. There also were a lot of Macaque monkeys. The monkeys were starving, or pretending to be anyway. They were trying to steal food from everyone. They stole a packet of chips from a stall. We went out for a Chinese dinner with two of mum's brothers one night and there were frogs in a tank (for eating). They looked disgusting to eat so I didn't go there. I ate some crab though. Then it was time to fly home. I was sad because I liked it there, but I was also happy because people don't try to sell stuff in the middle of the road or drive motorbikes on the foot path in Australia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Who is this tall, golden lady?Who is this tall, golden lady?
Who is this tall, golden lady?

She lives at Batu Caves and stands 100m tall.
Naughty macaque monkeysNaughty macaque monkeys
Naughty macaque monkeys

or 'monyet nakal' in bahasa


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb