Day 5: Cape Naturaliste, Meelup Farmhouse, Aravina Estate, Canal Rocks


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Dunsborough
August 30th 2022
Published: February 24th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day 5: 30Aug2023 (Tues) - Sunny

As expected, it was a rough night as A was running fever over the night. We were unsure if his fever would break in the morning and if we could still continue our trip for the day. Husband went to get some bakery from Dunsborough bakery while we waited for A to wake up. The bakes were not too bad. While eating, A woke up feeling much better than yesterday. He also ate a little of the bakes.

As we were running late behind time, I made some adjustment to the itinerary.

1st stop: Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse.

We did not went up the Lighthouse, but did a short walk along the trail. The weather was great and the scenery was even better. Lots of greenery and the ocean can be seen from far. Sadly, the walk doesn't fascinate A, so we did not stay for long.

2nd stop: Meelup Farmhouse (Reservation required)

This was a very nicely decorated restaurant, with a swing and some farm animals (chickens, ducks and alpacas). The food was not too bad as well. After our brunch, we went to feed the chickens and ducks. A warmed up really quickly this time round and kept asking us to give him the entire chicken feed. However, I think the chickens were pretty full so they didn't eat much.

3rd stop: Aravina Estate

This was a winery with lots of green space, playground and a display of retro cars. We were hoping that A can catch a nap on the way there, but he only fell aslepp when we reached. He woke up immediately when I carried him out of the car. A had a great time at the playground and running around. We then went to the retro car display, U guess it, husband was the most excited over there.. He took photo with almost all the cars, while I had to chase A around to stop him from destroying the car. We then bought a wine for my dad.

4th stop: Canal Rocks

I guess this was the only "natural" attractions in my itinerary. I was totally awestruck by the view and wave crashing in. Both me and my husband were trying to enjoy the view, but A was totally not interested, insisted on going back to the car. So it left us with no choice, one of us accompanied A in the car, while the other one went to explore and then we switched around.

5th stop: Dunsborough Beach

A fell asleep along the way. So again, we took turn to go look at the beach. There was nothing much, but we caught a young couple trying to do "cough cough" inside a bush.

We then went to get chinese takeaway from another Chinese restaurant (can't remember the name). The food wasn't nice and we kind of over-ordered, so there were a lot of leftover.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb