Hanging around Denham 17th June


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Denham
June 17th 2012
Published: June 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to DenhamWelcome to DenhamWelcome to Denham

Anne, notice the mosaic text with the words "welcome to Denham" all made out of broken tiles
Another picture postcard day in Denham. Blue cloudless skies, turquise water and so quiet. Overnight is still getting quite cool, or if you were to ask Sandy cold. With the clear mornings comes moisture on the tent which has a habit of dripping on the outside floor of the tent, which after a whilestarts sounding like a drum. Maybe this is the Denham water torture rather than the Chinese water torture 😉.

This morning saw the departure of Debbie and Steve who have headed for Carnarvon to seek professionalsad advice from a qualified autelectrician. Steve has a booking for 8:00 tomorrow morning. Hopefully they will get to the bottom of their flat caravan batteries and maybe even work out where Toyota have hidden the fog light relays.

Today has been a very cruisy day for Sandy and I. This morning was the usual routine of up and have breakfast whilst Sandy stayed in bed reading. In the meantime Steve and Debbie were packing up the caravan ready for their onward journey. After they had gone Sandy chose to stay back at the tent reading in the sunshine and as it turned out chatting with all and sundry who happened to call past. For me I was off fishing again, and yes this time I can call it fishing. I actually caught one! Not exactly a legal size but at least there was movement on the end of the line 😉. I also took the opportunity to to a bit more sand driving around little lagoon and along the main beach. A very interesting spot for the water is so clear and there are very few people around.

For lunch we had decided that the Aquarium with its licensed restaurant overlooking the water would be the go....we got there too late at 1:30 the chef had packed up and gone home because there were no patrons. Not to be beaten we headed back to Denham, nothing open for lunch except the pub. We had a quick scan through the menu then were promptly advised that because the regular chef was away there was only a very limited menu, oh and the wine list also had to have a few removed.

After lunch a gentle walk around town before heading back to camp for a quiet drink before dinner. Tonight we will try out the BBQ on site here at the park, before having an early night ready for packing up tomorrow for our drive up to Quobba Station where we are told the fishing is excellent as long as the sharks don't get the fish on the way in. I don't think I'll be going swimming there!

We also catch up with Steve and Debbie at Quobba Station, that is if Steve has the electrics sorted by then.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



17th June 2012

your woos with batteries
wow we are also travelling from Denham and into Carnarvon in search of someone who can help us with our batteries - we have battery pack in van but they are not holding power and now our solar panel is not working - this is all new to us as we have just stayed in caravan parks and not needed these things but it is frustrating when you are our free camping and things are not going well - we are heading into Carnarvon today in hope to find someone to help us. Interesting to hear where you are going and if you are having similar problems - cheers Patti and Max
21st June 2012

Batteries
Hi Max, well as you've probably read the problem Steve had turned out to be the batteries ($500+). But at least they are now ready to continue their trip. We are now in Exmouth for 6 nights and looking forward to some warmer weather...not yet, as it is still quite cool and windy. Take care on the road, and good luck with your battery problem. Gary

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb