Around Denham and Shark Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Denham
June 16th 2012
Published: June 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A nice cruisy start to the day. Quite cool overnight and lots of heavy condensation and heavy dew on the tent and car. Sandy has breakfast in bed whilst I enjoy my breakfast overlooking the water whilst sitting back on the tailgate of the Rangie. I'd been for a walk down to the bakers this morning for a loaf of crunchy white bread. They don't have a bread slicer at the bakery so it was back to slicing the bread myself...nice thick slices 😉.

Steve has gone down to the local tip for a quick forrige. We'll have to wait and see what treasures he finds...disappointingly he came back empty handed.

Shortly after we all head out for a short sightseeing drive back along the road in and out of Denham. We called in at the aquarium for a coffee overlooking the bay and at the Eagle Bluff boardwalk and lookout where we saw dolphins feeding in the wild through the clear shark bay waters. For me though the highlight of the drive was an eagle perched in a small shrub on the side of the road. After seeing the eagle we turned the car around and pulled up along side it on the other side of the road. A quick photo whilst it was in sitting in the tree then another shot as it took off. Unfortunately I missed out on the next shot a split second later as swept down further and took off with a rabbit in it's talons. An amazing sight and sound to witness first hand!

Once we were back at camp it was time for a quick sandwich before I headed off fishing, or as it turned out casting a shiny wobbly thing into the water then reeling it back in many many times over. Not even a nibble. But the weather was perfect and the number of people that came down the end of the jetty for a chat were interesting to talk to.

Back to the caravan park and all is quiet at our site. Debbie and Sandy have been reading most of the afternoon and Steve has been pottering around with his car trying to find the relay for his fog lights....and some people reckon the Range Rover is complicated!at one stage it looked like the Land Cruiser was trying to swallow Steve as he was perched inside the engine bay with one foot sticking up with his head nowhere to be seen. That relay has to be somewhere in there....We are now sitting back having a glass of champagne before dinner, I'm busy tapping away on my iPad Debbie and Sandy are both intently reading their Kendal's and Steve is on his laptop searching for clues as to where to find this illusive relay.

Now the mozzies are starting to join us it's time to cover up


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Denham jettyDenham jetty
Denham jetty

This is where I went "fishing"


16th June 2012

Keep it coming
Sounds like you guys have finally shaken off the wet weather. Loving your blog updates, brings back many memories of our camping trips north. Fantastic photos, nothing beats our red earth contrasting with our beautiful blue sea, can't beat home!! Travel safe.

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb