Carnarvon to Denham


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Denham
August 23rd 2008
Published: September 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got up really early to see the dolphins at Monkey Mia. The dolphins were already in the shallows when we got there. In the first feeding with the buckets of fish, I got to feed a dolphin. We had to put the fish down in the water and grip it firmly. The dolphin grabbed the fish and swam off to eat it.

There were pelicans near the paths and ramp higher up the beach. Alex and I walked around the pelicans and went on the ramp. There was a railing which we stood on. When we leaned over the pelican opened his mouth and hissed at us. It was funny. He kept doing it every time we leant over.

In the afternoon we went to Ocean Park. They have lots of dangerous sea creatures there like sharks, sting rays, sea snake, and stone fish. They also had nice things like turtles, a crab and many different fish. There was big pool and had sharks. One of the sharks had a flat head with a marking that looked like a shoe print. The crab was funny. It could climb up to the top of the concrete tank. It tried to nip some fish out of the keeper’s hand. Then it went down on a shovel head shark.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb