Carnarvon to Denham


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Denham
August 23rd 2008
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Monkey MiaMonkey MiaMonkey Mia

One of the dolphins we got to feed
Left Carnarvon and drove to Denham. We arrived just on dark, and drove through town on the way to Francois Peron National Park. It took half an hour to drive 10kms on the sandy track to the campground.

We got up early the next morning and went to Monkey Mia. Parked the car and went down to the beach. The dolphins were already there in the shallows. We watched them get fed. My sister got a turn to feed a dolphin first and the next time I got a turn to feed the dolphins. They were nibbly. On the beach the pelicans were watching, hoping to get a fish for themselves. When I tried to get a photo with the pelican, it warned me off, by opening his bill and squawking at me. It was scary at first, but then funny.

Had lunch at the bakery in Denham and got to play on the playground by the beach. We went to Ocean Park and got to see lots of dangerous sea creatures. There were stingrays, crabs, sea snake, stonefish, sharks, and Merv a big groper.

Next stop was Shell Beach. It is made up on millions of little
Monkey MiaMonkey MiaMonkey Mia

The bossy pelican
shells, and almost no sand except for the water. About 50m of shells and the beach went for about 100kms. The shells are 8 to 9m deep. They use the shells for road bases, shell grit for feeding chickens and footpaths. There is a quarry nearby that they cut blocks out to build houses and monuments.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Ocean ParkOcean Park
Ocean Park

One of the sharks that we saw


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb