Coral Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Coral Bay
May 16th 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We stayed in Coral Bay last night in a pretty good hostel…apparently it is really good to stay for a few days but we needed to get to Exmouth so we just stayed that night, had our BBQ which was pretty good. Then it was up really early to go snorkelling before we had to get the bus, Annelise decided bed was more appealing for her but this was my first time snorkelling so I was highly excited. Irene had no patience for my wish to stay close to the shore which worked out brilliantly as I realised how fantastic it is to be able to look at this underwater world so easily. You have to be so careful of the coral though as if you touch it you kill it plus it gives you the nastiest cuts and scars. Sam also tried to get into the snorkelling thing but she just couldn’t like it which was unfortunate for her.

We then got on the bus and went up to Exmouth and just a bit past to Turquoise Bay where we could snorkel some more. This was the busiest the bus had been since we got it as everyone seemed to hop on in Coral Bay. Therefore this really wasn’t the optimum time for the bus to break down … well actually it ran out of petrol. I did feel so bad for Mike cause he had checked the petrol tanks were full but they turned out to be full of water and not petrol! We were stuck just outside Exmouth for about an hour, not one person stopped to help and unfortunately Mike had plenty of advice offered from this really really annoying girl on the bus…eventually someone just told her to be quiet! Then, some dude drove by - saw all of us literally sitting on the kerb at the side of the road . He reversed … us thinking he was going to offer help, he shouts out “Hey, any of your gang interested in whale sharks?” in the biggest ocker accent. We were like - on your bike mate….not even a token offer of help just trying to peddle his trips!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011kb