" Splash "


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Coral Bay
October 20th 2013
Published: October 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

YIPPEE we are back in the ocean after it seems a loooong stint through amazing hot hot countryside and all scary critters in the ocean.



Broome we saw the water again and witnessed our first sunset over the ocean.

I yoga-ed a bit in the Buddha sanctuary. We found a new free bike for me at a garage sale.



Went to a great movie in the world's oldest open air cinema and watched Tim Wintons “ The Turning”...an interpretation of his work by 17 Aussie directors.



Of course we also visited the market and other Broome delights before heading down the coast.

Most impressive - all the mining which is going on in this part of the country. Rents in Karratha come at $1300 per week for a house and it seems all the towns are full of work crew in their yellow and blue outfits.



Had a look at 80 mile beach (another no swim event) and stayed a night at Cape Keraudren, gorgeous spot where little crabs joined us for dinner and I found the most amazing shells.



Ningaloo reef we spent the last few nights in the NP and of course we hopped straight into the ocean for a snorkel and straight out again cause Goff saw a biiig shark about 2 metres away from him and that's not a fisherman's tale cause Goff hasn't even fished yet.



Regardless we did go back in at another spot and saw all colourful dressed up fish in all shapes and sizes doing what fish do best just twiddle along in the salty seas.

But......most impressive we got to a spot where we saw turtles mating right near the shoreline and little turtles frolicing in the tourquise seas. Now that was pretty awesome!



Now we are in Coral Bay. Washing off salt and sand. Recharging all equipment. Had a walk to look at the reef shark breeding spot and no kidding there were about 50 – 60 little sharks just playing in the shallows.



Hoping to get out on a boat tomorrow to do some more snorkelling but it's so windy it would blow a dog of its chain.



Heard in the News about the fires. Crazy, sad, scary. The whole planet seems to turn a bit upside down. Even the turles are horny earlier than usual we've been told and the temps here are higher than usual.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb