Night of camping.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Coral Bay
October 9th 2013
Published: October 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Monday 30th September

The next day we set off early as the weather in Coral Bay was not to good, seemed very cloudy and didn’t give a good impression. Although it still looked pretty amazing and captured how blue the sea in fact was beautiful and very shallow in the water and was able to walk through the sea and still be able to see the fish by your feet. We had a short drive today only travelling about 150kms from Coral Bay to Exmouth. When we arrived in Exmouth we headed to the beach, first stopping at the Harbor where we were able to see some wild dolphins swimming around. We had a light lunch at this amazing restaurant called Whalers Café, although we waited for a while for the food to come, giving us time to admire the scenery.

After going to check in at the hostel and freshened up we then went for a bit more of a drive. We drove close to the cape national park, where we were able to see the lighthouse and a great overview of the ocean where you could see for miles. We went to the beach close by, this was an experience as it was in fact a nudist beach, where we had a close encounter with an older guy, which was in fact very scary! When laying on the beach we were able to see several whales in the distance, this was a beautiful site and really opened my areas to where I actually was in the world.

That night we laid under the stars looking at the stars which turned out to be one of the highlights of the trips was trying to find the Southern Cross. We also enjoyed a few drinks at the put before getting an early night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb