Coral Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Coral Bay
April 28th 2008
Published: May 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Coral Bay



After relaxing by the pool in Exmouth for a few days we all hoped back on the Easyrider bus and jumped off at Coral Bay, a paradise for snorkellers. It is a tiny town perched right on a gorgeous beach with a beautiful bay where you can get up close to the Ningaloo reef. Ningaloo stretches 260km along the WA Coast which makes it the longest fringing coral reef in the world. It was great, we got to see a whole new underwater kingdom, the coral was incredible. We could just grab our gear, walk off the beach and swim amongst the turtles, rays and brightly coloured fish. I saw a reef shark, which although small and pretty harmless still made my heart race.

The Bay isn’t exactly buzzing come evening, there is a pub but most travellers and even the locals chill out at the Ningaloo Club Backpackers where we were staying. It isn’t BYO and they have strict rules about drinking your own alcohol, but living on a shoe-string and being fully stocked with goon and beer we decided to be dare devils. So with a few trip back and forth to the bedroom we were soon happy as Larry playing giant Jenga. The mission: to get the top Jenga block to mu height…surprisingly easy! Ha! Tension mounted as the tower began to wobble with the whole bar as our audience each black removed got a cheer. From here we carried on to twister, Seb became game master and got us girls into all sorts of positions! It was a great laugh and we carried on playing pool and drinking with the locals after the bar closed. We were like naughty little school kids and got a telling off the following morning and a warning of a $1000 fine…ahhh you only live once well worth the rosy cheeks I say!




Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Giant TowerGiant Tower
Giant Tower

Sharlene nearly got knocked out when one of the blocks fell on her head...may explain a few things these past few weeks! CRAZY!


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb