Busselton - again !


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Busselton
January 29th 2012
Published: February 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Busso Jetty - 'Bushfire Sunset' Busso Jetty - 'Bushfire Sunset' Busso Jetty - 'Bushfire Sunset'

This picture was taken with a setting sun in a smoke haze from bushfires burning in the Northcliffe area some 100Klm south of here.
Back to Busso !



Yep, we retraced our route back along Sue's road to the SW coast and have returned to Busselton. Yes, we do like it here but the reason for our return is to sit and wait out the summer heat before heading up North. It has been quite extreme some days with temperatures recorded to above 49 C at Exmouth, (near where we are off to next), so we have decided to sit out Feb in Busso and enjoy the beach.

Best laid plans of mice & men ! yeah, right, an advt for tractor driving for the grape harvest has now introduced another dimension to our stay, I got the job ! and now I am working for Bacchus Contractors driving a tractor towing chaser bins for a grape harvester....and mostly at night ! This, I thought was a holiday !! 'Her Indoors' thought it would be a great idea ! So it is now a working holiday staying in Busso until the end of March ! At least the weather will be great for heading North by then, the wet season, (and cyclone season), humidity, and extreme temperatures will have abated by then and we shoulld be seeing clear days in the high 20's to low 30's each day...great !

So, you ask, what will become of the Blog whilst we are sat on our proverbials here in Busso? Well, we will continue to do things and these 'events' will be published as a Blog starting with The Donnybrook Food & Wine Fest which will follow this entry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



17th February 2012

good ole Busso
well you did say you could live in Busso, well, now you are all be it for a short time. great news about the job, keep you busy and replenishing the 'buget buget' how do you find the nite work! something to get used to I guess.Can he drive a tractor they asked!!!! what can't he do I ask??
18th February 2012

Back to Work
Gudday tractor driver. Ambient heat isn't much of a problem here in the UK, however I suppose down under it is a bit too much and if it can be delayed then well and good. Enjoy your time in Busselton, I follow you on Google Earth. Brian (Grandfather in fouteen weeks!!!!!)
10th January 2013
Busso Jetty - 'Bushfire Sunset'

Lovely
This is a such a lovely sunset shot. I almost feel like I'm seated on a comfy chair waiting for the entire spectacle do its thing. Nice shot!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb