Bungle Bungles to Mabel Downs


Advertisement
Published: June 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

It appears that if it is an arid dry area, where it hasn't rained for a couple of months, it rains just for us.
The rain clearing as we arose from our dry beds, just enough to settle the dust.
A slow start to the day
We decided to do The Stonehenge walk and The Domes walk again, whilst the outside of our tents dried.
The Domes Walk just as spectacular as before and we walked the extra 150metres into the small pool area which was a couple of metres wide, shallow with green algae.
Back to the car we drove the 20kms to do the Stonehenge trail that we didn't have the energy to walk the day before.
A 600 metre circuit walk to read and view the plants the aboriginals resourced for living. Nothing to do with Stonehenge.
A drive back to camp, lunch and slow hot pack up we drove back to Mabel Downs Cattle Station Camp, collected our caravan out of storage and proceeded to repack the van, wash clothes and cook.
Myself having a melt down whilst doing the clothes washing and hitting my head on the metal bar between the washing machines twice.
Dinner in the steaming heat. Showering not effective way to cool ourselves with the cubicles a sauna.
Eventually Climbing into bed with the air conditioning flat out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb