Bungles


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Bungle Bungles
September 17th 2011
Published: September 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Just for something different, we were settled in to our new location at Turkey Creek, Warnum, at ten in the morning. With a picnic lunch organised, we headed to Purunululu National Park, home of The Bungle Bungles. It was a six-hour return trip with about one and a half hours there, but it was worth it. The Bungle Bungles are magnificent sandstone domes, with red and black layers of colour. They were discovered in the 1980s and are now a very popular tourist destination. The trip involved several river crossings and horse and cattle avoidance.
Livestock on the roadside is a normal feature of travel in this part of the world. Today we also have livestock wandering through the caravan park. Two very big Brahman bulls to be precise. Staff assured us that they are safe provided we don’t startle them or go up to them and say, “You’re a nice bull.” Perhaps they would be offended by that comment. Needless to say, one has to be careful where one walks.
Because we had such a long day, we opted for dinner in the Turkey Creek Roadhouse. When our meal failed to arrive forty minutes after the order was placed, we were told that nobody had actually processed the order. They were very apologetic and rushed it through. In the meantime, we shared the company of a construction gang watching an AFL game on the big screen. It was a bit intimidating. and very loud. The sound wasn’t working on the TV, so they provided the commentary. When our dinner finally arrived, the chicken wasn’t cooked, so we requested a refund and went back to the van to prepare our own dinner.
Today was a day for bungles.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1016.1kb