Bunbury to New Zealand to Bunbury


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Bunbury » Bunbury
May 6th 2017
Published: May 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Since arriving in Bunbury in September 2016 we have been kept incredibly busy so much that I have even neglected to keep up my travel blog. We spent three very tiring but satisfying months painting our daughter’s house inside and out and even though it now looks fantastic we are not in a great hurry to repeat the exercise any time soon!

We did have a wonderful time in Bunbury, spending time with Kylie, exploring the surrounding areas such as the wineries, beaches, cheese factories and breweries etc. Also, we made time to take up Rock and Roll dancing and surprised ourselves in that we can now actually string a few moves together! I even completed a course in French revision and hopefully will be more confident conversing when Pete and I tour France on 19th of May. We will be there for 7 weeks and so looking forward to exploring the country along with neighbouring Spain and Portugal.

We had a fantastic time in New Zealand during the months of Feb to April, enjoying wonderful weather and catching up with friends and family after so long away. The country was so green after living in Western Australia with its brown sandy soil everywhere and tramping up several mountains and hiking many bush tracks without the thought of snakes was a real plus!

We are now back in Bunbury but will be heading for Darwin soon where we will then fly out for France.

Life is certainly busy now that we have retired but while we have excellent health and fitness now is the time to explore.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



6th May 2017

personal question?
Peter and suzanne, I know its a personal question, you may have answered elsewhere, but how do you fund all this travel? We met on your recent visit to Auckland and we are in a similar stage of life but I cant work out how to travel constantly. Do you plan to "bounce the last cheque" or have you built enough passive income to continue indefinitely?
6th May 2017

Hello
Good to hear from you both. Do hope you have safe travells in your trip overseas.Justine and Family are coming down for a few weeks from tomorrow.Ryan has training at the army base in Oakey.Neil is well. Mandy and Neil
7th May 2017

Hi travelling Kiwis. Great to catch up with you again. Glad you are safely back in Oz. Have a good time on the next part of your journey thru France. I hope you are penning a best selling trave l book?

Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 60; dbt: 0.09s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb