Stars, bats and even a plane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
December 9th 2009
Published: December 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Though late to bed last night the hot, hot sun and light got us up early. Went to the shops for brekkie and in search of some battery operated fans. With no lick in the mall we went back down to Chinatown. We booked into a Thai restaurant for that evening and bought tickets for the oldest (built in 1916) outdoor cinema in the world where you sit on deckchairs, it costs $16 each. Decided to go and see the Japanese cemetery where 900 pearling divers are buried and Chinese cemetery. Then we had a walk along Cable Beach which is beautiful and was surprisingly empty apart from a handful of people. Relaxed a bit at the campsite in the afternoon before getting ready for our night on the tiles.

The meal at the Som Thai Kitchen was absolutely gorgeous and service was uber fast- best spring rolls I've ever had! Me and Rob shared chicken with cashew nuts and chilli beef with a big portion of fried rice. Came to about $70 so not too bad.

Sitting watching 2012 under the stars was surreal especially as there were lizards clambering over the screen and loads of big bats flying in front of the screen and over our heads! Then at one point a plane took off and flew right past us!

We were both knackered when we got back and not looking forward to another 3hr drive. Really enjoyed Broome, been a great couple of days!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1015.8kb