Bremer Bay (Tuesday 7th May – Thursday 9th May)


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 7thMay saw us spending a long day in the car with a quick stopover at Hopetoun (for a stretch and play at the park) and a road side stop in the middle of nowhere with an overheating car. Oh No! After refilling the car with five litres of water, we slowly head off again and are relieved to arrive at the small coastal town of Bremer Bay.

The caravan park is tranquil and shady and we luck in with a site next to the swimming pool. The girls are most excited, even though the water is freezing, so wetsuits are squeezed into and in they go!

We spend a quiet couple of days catching up on journals, playing UNO and exploring the bay. That strong offshore wind ensured that we all stayed out of the ocean and thus spent the days lazing around at the park.

On our way out of town we took the time to visit the Historic Wellstead Museum, which consisted of farm houses and sheds filled to the brim with an amazing array of memorabilia. Items ranged from horse drawn carts to cars, motorbikes, tractors, etc, and the list goes on, as each item took us on a comprehensive journey of times past.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement







Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb