WA What!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Albany
December 19th 2007
Published: July 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

WA


Back to the scenic stops, and a bit of a slower pace. First place was Esperence which is a great little place, but a bit unlucky for us. We camped in the caravan park and it rained all night we got completely soaked. They have what is suppose to be a cool “pink lake” stained by salt tolerant algae but because of the rain there was no pink to be seen. And in the morning before we left I called home just to find out my beloved little birdie had died. So I personally don’t have very fawn memories of little Esperence but it is a beautiful place. Oh and we decided to skip 2 places near esperence which we later found out are absolutely amazing the sand is so smooth it squeaks when you walk, cape le grand and cape arid park, so if anybody is near definitely go see it. The drive along the coast got a lot better we stopped at Green Pools, absolute clear water heaven, and Elephant Rocks where we played around for awhile. We didn’t go swimming though the weather was still a bit nasty. Next stop for the night was Albany and what a great night. We found a cozy hostel where the lady of the house took us out fishing. We caught our first blowy and the guy beside us caught a big squid and then showed us how to fillet it, very cool! One of our best nights yet. Next morning we passed through Denmark and stopped at Bartholomews Meadery which sells honey wine and honey ice cream. The wine was extremely sweet but the ice cream was pretty good. Then we walked along the top of the giants, the Tree Top Walk of the Valley of the Giants, which are huge tingle trees. A pretty cool experience. We took a quick trip through Margaret River, tasted a lot of good cheese and chocolate but didn’t get too into the wine. Busselton where the longest jetty sits is where we left our Canadian friends and took off for perth. We booked the bus tickets and once again strapped on the old back packs which was a lot heavier due to added camping gear, but it felt good to be on our own adventure again. By mid afternoon we made it to Perth, the beautiful Cottesloe to be exact and just in time for Christmas!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb