The Great Ocean Road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
August 3rd 2014
Published: September 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Off now to the Great Ocean Road. Started the trip with a flat tyre, so only got a short distance along the road before we had to ditch in Torquay for the night. The Great Ocean Road is a quality drive, and also where they filmed “Round the twist,” a kids TV show about a ghost in a lighthouse we used to watch. Had to go there. Then stopped off at the 12 apostles for the awesome scenery factor – the grotto was a good one.




Along the way Deirdre drove off road up a death defying cliff because she wanted some excitement. It was Ciaran’s idea to see some real life wild Koalas. Survived Deirdre’s thrill trip of death and Ciaran got to see his own Koala bear that he found all by himself and nobody had to show him. Of note, this was the day where Deirdre realised that van Gogh’s first name was Vincent (not Van). Then headed to Warrnambool, the home of the whale nursery. Here we stayed with Rory (a Neeson) and his Fiancée Sarah. Had a great night on the orange WKDs (a drink that at one stage was the most popular drink in the Country Victoria nightclub scene) and Rory showed us round Warrnambool the next morning. No whales in town at the minute though. Warrnambool is a quality spot!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb