Vic & Sue-Life on the road-Number 1


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
February 2nd 2013
Published: February 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

At last our dream is a reality.

Left Melbourne last Tuesday 29 Jan.

Overnight at Wycheproof Caravan Park - Very basic but for a transit stop.

Arrived Mildura Wednesday. Stayed at the Apex River Beach Holiday Park located on the banks of the Murray approx 5 klms out of town. Great location. There is a large sandbar opposite the Park which is patrolled by the Surf Livingsaving Club.

Thursday we caught up with friends for a lazy 2 hour lunch at Trentham Estate. Thursday night we had dinner with an ex work colleague of Sue and her fiance. He has a grape block and supplies a few exporters. He and his brother are looking at doing exports in their own right so we had plenty of things to talk about.

Friday we went out to Mungo National Park for their 6.30pm sunset tour (2.5 hours). This park is approx 105 klms out of Mildura and the last 88 klms are unsealed, corrugated and sandy. The Park is an area of international significance for its cultural, archeological and landscape features. We had a young aboriginal guide who told us quite a few stories. Could have listened to more stories if he had had the time. We left there about 8.30pm for our return trip. Had to deal with kangaroos, feral goats and cattle on the way back. Saw quite a few but fortunately did not hit any. Was a good experience to this sort of driving as no doubt we are going to come across more of this.

Saturday was a catch up day and Sunday we went to Red Cliffs and Wentworth. Left Mildura Monday and stayed the night in Peterborough. Not stopping long in most places in SA as we intend covering it in more depth on our way home - whenever that may be!

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Arrived in Kimba after lunch today - half way point across Australia. The scenery was spectacular along the way, especially through the hills. Apart from the 8 metre high galah not too sure what else is here. Although the Gawler Ranges are nearby - a day trip

Tomorrow we are heading for Ceduna and may stay there for a couple of days.

Will update later.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb