adelaide-melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
February 19th 2009
Published: February 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

so the night before borossa valley a bunch of my friends were leaving the hostel and we drank alot, which was not smart for me since i was going to the wine tour the next day. but the next day i had a bit of a head ache. there was alot of wine tasting, we went to 4 winerys. we got back late me and the girls from my room had apple pie at 8 o clock and played cards. wed ,me and 2 new zealand girls lauree and sam and a german girl steffi went to the library. the library is airconditioned and free internet. me and steffi went to an underground opel mine which was part of a jewlery store... pretty lame and then went back to the hostel. that night me and my new friends had pie played cards and hung out since it was my last nigth in adelaide, it was sad to say good bye. thursday i got on the tour bus and started the drive the great ocean road. i slept alot as well as the rest of the bus, most of them were germans. our first stop was some mts ( i forget the name) but theyre famous for rock climbing (not very big but lots of courses) we then went to the mackenzie falls which were very pretty but there were alot of stairs and it was VERY hot. we continued on and stayed in the grampians that night where me and some of the people played soem drinking games. the following morning the group of us went for a 2 hour hike up the grampians. it was a very steep hike and very beautiful. it was very clouded because of the forest fire smoke. we continued on and went to the start of the great ocean road and saw the london bridge and many other sights of rock that has collapsed. ( pictures on facebook soon) i paid 70 dollars to go on a 10 min helicopter ride over the 12 apostles, it was a very neat experience. when we landed we went to our hostel in port campbell at 8 oclock that night we went to the 12 apostles to watch the sun set. that night was a party night where everyone in my tour group sat around and played drinking games. the following morning we continue with the great ocean road which is very windy, its like a combination of the sea to sky and oregon coast. we got to melbourne at 7 oclock that night and it was valentines day so my whole group went to st kilda to a bar and had some drinks. the next day one of my friends from the tour lucy was going to tasmania so we went for breakfast and then said goodbye. i wondered around melbourne but there wasnt anything too interesting. that night i got bed bugs. it was qwful very itchy, i told the front desk and they made everyone from my room wash and clean everythnig and moved us to a new room. the last cuple days in melbourne ive been wondering around the town nothing exciting and one night me and a girl from my room went to st kilda for a drink and went to a coffee and cake store where there was a sign outside asking for a casual time employee with coffee machine experience. so i went inside and said if theyre intrested i have coffee shop experience and am looking for a job. so today (thursday) im going in to "try out" to see how it goes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb