day 70 6.10.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
October 14th 2008
Published: October 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got up early and left Port Augusta by 8am, stopped for fuel in town. As we left town we were travelling into a strong head wind and in the distance coming our way was a rain storm, so we can’t get away from either still. Our destination was going to be Mildura a distance of about 550 k’s.

For the first 60k’s or so the roads was not the best, very rough but it wasn’t the main hwy. By lunch we were at Burra for lunch, we went to a bakery and got some pies for lunch. By now the wind was still a south east but it eased. No rain so I guess that’s a blessing.

Got to Renmark and filled car with fuel again and Marg started to look in the book for a free camp site to stay for the night, all the one’s in the book was just truck stops beside the road. No good for us, she found 2 sights at Mildura that she thought might be o/k so we ended up at Mildura.

The sites we at the pump house reserve and King’s Billabong Reserve which is beside the pump house reserve. It backs onto the Murray River so this will do for the night. There was only one other van there some old lady travelling by herself with her little dog.

Had left over spaghetti bol on toast for dinner, after dinner Marg tried to get some water from the tanks but all she got was air Warwick went out and check the tanks and found that the connection on the 2nd tank had broken again, properly this morning from the rough road. Will have to think about redesigning the plumbing, so he pulled the end of the pipe and she got some water from the 1st tank. Lucky that we are on the way home and we are carrying an extra 20 litres on the back of the van for emergencies.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb