day 71 7.10.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Shellharbour
October 14th 2008
Published: October 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We woke up around 6.30am and it was cold around 4 degrees. After having breakfast and packing up we left about 8.30am got fuel at Caltex before we headed off to Hay. The wins was a cross wind and slightly behind up. It seemed to be up hill all the way to Hay.

Had to have another fuel stop at Hay and it was near lunch time so we had lunch at Hay and Marg needed a script filled then off to Wagga Wagga where we hope to have our last free stay over night.

As we approached Wagga Wagga the free stops in the book were just truck stops like before so we went past Wagga Wagga to see if they improved. The next thing we knew was that we were turning left onto the Hume hwy and thought that we might as well go home. We put home as the destination into the gps and it calculated a time of 1 ¾ hrs. We stopped for dinner at Gundagai at the kfc. After that Marg drove for a few hours into the night.

While marg was driving Warwick checked the gps for which route it was taking us home and it was along Illawarra hwy and down Macquarie Pass, for those that don’t know it is very tight and windy and not recommended for caravans, so we re-calibrated using Appin Rd which added another 2 hrs onto total time. Stopped at Goulburn for fuel and change drives.

Nearly home and when we went under Kanahooka bridge around 10.40pm someone throw a rock over the edge and hit the car and van, lucky it landed on the dog crates on top and no damage Arrived home safely at 11pm what a marathon 15 hrs drive and 1000k’s later. Both of us are tired so left car and van on front lawn.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0721s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb