Stage 25


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
March 21st 2008
Published: March 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I flew in and met up with my cousin Kerr and his wife Maz (who live here in Melborne) and my other cousin Sarah with husband Ian (from London but here on holiday), which was fantastic not just to see familiar faces but to stay in a house and not a dorm with seven strangers. They already had a road trip into deepest darkest Vioctoria planned which I joined in on.
The first stop was Benalla, which is where Ned Kelly was born, we stopped at the tourist information place to get some ideas on where to go and then got a spot of lunch. The next place to visit was Glenrowan, where Kelly and his gang had there final seige and were either killed or captured on 28th June 1880. There was a Ned Kelly museum there we had a look around, in which he was portrayed as a hero, but the aussies do that with anyone who stands up to the english and like Wiliam Wallace before him he failed, haha! The rest of the day was spent visiting vinyards (or wineries as they call em here) and doing a bit of free tasting, which always goes down well.
Horse TrekkingHorse TrekkingHorse Trekking

Ready to go.
Espeicially on a travellers budget, free stuff is goood!
The second day we went even further into the hills of Victoria, through a ski resort, to town called Omeo. Near which we had arranged to go horse trekking, this turned out to be a bit of a mixed bag. After we finally got our mounts and started to make our way across the field, my cousin Sarah's horse (who's quite an experienced rider) got spooked by a Brown snake (one of the deadliest in the world) and started running off. The horse threw her, giving her a nasty fall. Unfortunately, because of some really nasty bruising and the fact that she got knocked unconsious, Sarah couldn't carry on. We did though. I however had exactly the opposite problem with my horse to Sarah, although it was a horse, it looked like a cow and acted like a donkey! All it wanted to do was eat grass and wouldn't move for love nor money. I had to spend the next two hours sat on the horse, embarassingly being dragged around the countryside by the guide.
The third day was mainly traveling to a place on the coast called Lakes Entrance, to
Horse TrekkingHorse TrekkingHorse Trekking

Me and my stead.
spend day four. It's a sleepy holiday town next to a huge salt water lake, which is fed by the sea. We did however have some great seafood there and also the customery by the seaside game of crazy golf.
Day five was spent lazily making our way back to Melbourne.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

In the mountainsIn the mountains
In the mountains

Sunset, aren't I gettin sentimental.


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb