Our Last week with our Australian Family


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
October 16th 2007
Published: October 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well we arrived safe and sound back in Bairnsdale on Friday the 5th.
Erica and the girls were there to pick us up. The girls were excited to have grandma and grandpa back.
We enjoyed our trip but it was good to get back to home cooking and "our Australian home".
As we had gathered many goodies in our travels (my shopping of course 😊...) We decided to mail some things home. We went to Lakes Entrance and purchased a large box. While there the ladies at the Post decided that they really like to listen to us talk. It was really fun. Any way on our third visit, we were presented calendars and a book from them as a gift. We really appreciated it all. And enjoyed being able to bring a few smiles to their day. (By the way Candi has already received the packages---that's fast for you)

These last few days have been one's of laughter, lots of giggles and smiles. You will see many pictures of the girls.

Steve visited Samantha's school on Thursday (11th). He was asked to tell a little about America and our trip here. He took several pictures so that you
CarissaCarissaCarissa

Carissa trying her new outfit on. She loves to smile for the camera
can see they small school. There are only 65 children in the entire school. Several grade levels are taught in the same classroom. It reminds me of the stores my mom used to tell about teaching all grade levels in one room.
On Friday the 12th we visited Kinder (pre=school) for Ella. It is a wonderful school--with some great activities for the children. Ella goes each Friday from 9 to 3. She has a great little friend Elle who you will see in the pictures. They remind me of Makayla and Ryan.
Grandpa again took several pictures for you to see.

On Saturday evening Juliet (Sarn's aunt) came and watched the girls so that we could have an adult evening out. We went to a resturant that is at Lakes Entrance and had dinner on a barge. It was very nice.

During the last few days Steve, Erica and Sarn have been working on the yard. The weather has been very warm. They have planted seed, pulled weeds, and watered. There are pictures of the yard in progress and of course more pictures of the family.

Today (16th) it has been very very windy. The white caps
Samantha and EllaSamantha and EllaSamantha and Ella

Wearing their new outfits
on the lake are unbelieveable and the temperature has dropped. We are back to long sleve shirts and jumpers (sweaters).

Our stay here with Sarn, Erica and the girls is almost over. We have had a wonderful time with them and all our new "extended family".
We hope that we have not been too much of a pain guys and want you to know how much we have enjoyed the time getting to know Sarn and have the precious time with our granddaughters.

You all are close to our hearts even if we are miles apart.
WE LOVE YOU ALL................................

Now to those at home we are leaving tomorrow the 17th at 12:40 for Melbourne. We have a full list of places we want to see and visit. We leave on the 22nd for Tasmania and then home on the 29th.
We are planning to do another blog during our Melbourne stay.




Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Grandpa on tractorGrandpa on tractor
Grandpa on tractor

Steve helped Sarn take down a fence.
Christmas in OctoberChristmas in October
Christmas in October

We had the girls start opening their Christmas---so Grandma and Grandpa could enjoy watching.
Samantha's classSamantha's class
Samantha's class

The children and Mrs. Bennett


17th October 2007

WOW!!
So there is no tetherball in the school yard??? Oysters!! Awesome, now do they eat them there at home more like we eat steak at home? i mean is it something you dont necessarily have to go out to eat to get? How cool!! Samantha like them!!! Thats cool.

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb