On the road for an adventure.........


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Gippsland
October 1st 2007
Published: October 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Great Alpine RoadThe Great Alpine RoadThe Great Alpine Road

On the road for an adventure.
October 1st we started our new adventure. Erica took us to Bairnsdale. We rented a car and started out on The Great Alpine Road for a journey of discovery. The Great Alpine Road is considered to be one of the great touring routes of Australia. For more than 300 kilometres there are valleys, mountains, forests, rivers and ocean. You pass thru Victoria's largest national park, the Alpine National Park (which contains 10 of the 11 highest mountains in the state----which Steve so enjoyed driving 😊 ). We were able to see the ski fields, snow and then go right into green grass, trees and flowers. There are many small farms along the way with lots of cattle and horses. We are posting pictures of the towns that we passed thru and some of the interesting sites we saw along the way. We also are posting some of the signs that they have here---they are just a little different from ours and thought you might enjoy them. After we finished the Alpine Road we decided to head a different direction---now since there is only one way up the Alping Road and one way back this became a challenge but we enjoyed it. We ended up visiting several small communities where apparently American's don't always get to. It was quit fun. Due to the lack of internet connections we stopped at several small librarys and were able to use their internet to check on our email. (Dixie, I am bringing some info back for you on their library's here). There many shops on the way with many different things they were selling from clocks to all kinds of knick knacks. On Thursday we made our way to the Tulip Festival in Silvan Victoria. This was such a beautiful plus to our adventures. We have attached only a small porition of the pictures (the blog only allows 50 at a time----you will have to wait till we get back to see more) I had never seen so many different kinds and colors. We were not allowed to purchase or bring back any bulbs (Custom regulations) I was kind of sad as would love to have had some.
Our words for this blog are "Lollies" which is candy. And the favorite other (which we didn't get a picture of) was K-mart's Tyre and Auto (yes I spelled it they way it was on the store).
Snow in the MountainsSnow in the MountainsSnow in the Mountains

Looks like it is going to get cold :)
The week was fun and relaxing. We enjoyed it all. We were ready to get back to some home cooking and not having to pack up each morning and move. 😊
We hope you are all enjoying the blog. Let us know if we are not mentioning anything you might want to know. There is a place at the end of each blog for you to send us comments. We love hearing from you. It makes us feel a little more connected to home.
Oh by the way for my sister-inlaws and my fellow shop to drop friends----There is only 85 days till Christmas.......😊 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Kids enjoying themselvesKids enjoying themselves
Kids enjoying themselves

This week was during "Holiday" for the schools. They go year around.


23rd October 2007

hi-you two have realy had a great adventure-now come home and rest for a month!the pics were great and the tulips i can see why you want to take some home and why they don't want anyone to do that-so glad you took the time and labor to do it so all of us could enjoy-ml

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb