To Singapore

Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
March 27th 2018
Published: April 3rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

We were picked up by our friend Shane to be taken to the airport. We were given travellers and it was before 9am!!

We arrived at the airport and the queue for Qantas was enormous. When we first booked our flight it was business with Jetstar to Singapore. We then received a message to inform us that Jetstar was no longer running that service and we could either fly the next day (which was no good), cancel and rebook with another airline or transfer across to Qantas. The last option was chosen, but we were unsure if the Business side of things was going to be honoured. There was no-one in the line for Business so we thought let’s give this a go. Within 10 mins our luggage was on the conveyor belt and we were given express entry through customs and were informed we were flying in an A380 Airbus – Business Class – we were ecstatic.

Duty-Free was successful with the purchase of some alcohol and fragrances to pick-up on our return.

We then went to the Qantas lounge and waited comfortably for our flight. The Qantas International lounge, Melbourne, makes great coffee!

Our turn arrived and we headed to the gate with priority boarding and went to the top of the enormous plane. This level had 2 pods per aisle. The room was ridiculous, the chair could recline into a flat-bed complete with comforter to put over the recliner and a lightweight doona. There was also a massage option within the recliner. Now this is something we could get used to. To say we were like pig in mud was an understatement. The food and service was fabulous with nothing too much trouble. It was the most enjoyable/comfortable flight we have ever been on.

We arrived in a wet Singapore, this time we decided that we were going to try and catch the MRT (Railway) to our destination which was HarbourTown. After collecting our luggage, we followed the signs and caught the internal Singapore Airport Monorail to Terminal 3 and found the MRT. The trip took 45 mins and 2 changes of train but cost $1.83, so cheap. Our accommodation was a 10 minute walk from the MRT. We checked in and upon talking to the staff we found out there were two piers where ships could leave from. The reason I had picked this Hotel was the proximity to HarbourFront which is one of the piers we had caught the P&O 18 months previous, this was across the road. As it turned out The Princess was leaving from Marina Bay, which was opposite to where we were staying.


Tot: 2.921s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0267s; 2; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb