Boarding the Ship


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
March 28th 2018
Published: April 3rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

After a comfortable sleep we left the Hotel and made our way back to the MRT to catch a train to Marina Bay. The trip itself took approx. 20 minutes and with a 15 minute walk to the pier. Then the waiting began with security and then check-in. We waited approx. just over an hour and a half until we could board the ship. Looking around at the sea of guests Craig and I were the minority in terms of age.



The Princess Sapphire is the biggest ship that we have been on to-date. The ship for the past 2 weeks had been on dry dock having some refurbishment. It is very well appointed and tastefully decorated. Our internal cabin was located on level 10 (Caribe Deck) and was pleasant with ample hanging and cupboard space. There were a new LG TV which I think is about 52 inches, which is a change from the small 30 inch TV’s usually in the rooms. There is also a small bar fridge.



We set out to explore the ship and I knew that I was never going to be able to determine where the front or back of the ship was. We had a set dining time of 5:30pm in the Savoy Dining Room on L5. After exploring we returned to our room and unpacked and then got ready for dinner. The early sitting for dinner works well as shows start at 8pm. We soon discovered you must be at least 30-35 mins early if you want a seat to watch the shows. The other guests may have grey hair and have mobility issues, but I can assure you they are organised and will beat you to seats or walk so slow that you cannot get around them!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb