Warrnambool September 2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Warrnambool
November 2nd 2008
Published: November 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our long overdue visit to Warrnambool on the Great Ocean Road VIC (The wet and windy 'shipwreck Coast).

Thursday 25th September we headed for Warrnambool taking the easy route for a change. Scenic routes are great via Bendigo and Ballarat or the Great Ocean Road but this time we wanted to go Via Geelong as it was Grand Final weekend and as you all know Reg is a die hard Geelong Supporter. Unfortunately they couldn't repeat their great victory of last year and Hawthorn have now gone down in history as 2008 victors.

We arranged a Doggie and House sitter (thanks Kate) and set off at 6.30am. After stopping off at Macca's in Gundagai for breakfast, coffee with Bazza in Albury and a roadhouse lunch just before Melbourne, we arrived in Geelong around 4pm, just in time for a 'walkabout' for Reg to soak up the Grand Final atmosphere before the shops shut. We fueled up on coffee again and set off on the final leg to Warrnambool arriving at Mum and Dad's around 7pm the same night.

Friday was a very busy day starting after breakfast with a visit fromCheryl, Reilly, Zeb and Kye. Reg and I took Reilly and Zeb to the Pertobe Park for some Flying Fox fun then icecreams on the Breakwater while Chez took Kye home for a short rest. Later that morning Paul, Chiquita and Oliver, and Justin arrived for morning tea. It was a lovely 'catch-up' and great seeing all the kids together. We were even chatting to Emily in Canada on MSN. Lunch was back down at Pertobe park but the weather had turned windy and cool so we braved it for as long as we could. It is a beautiful spot on a nice day. The afternoon was spent exploring the shops and Dinner, at Images in the main street, with Mum, Dad and Cheryl was most enjoyable.

On Saturday morning Reg set off for Geelong to join up with his son Blair. As they couldn't get Grand Final tickets they thought the next best thing would be to watch the game at Skilled Stadium with the 'party faithful', Geelong's home ground. Cheryl and I hit the shops and bought an identical pair of shoes each (who'd have thought it with a 20 year age gap!!) and caught up over coffee. The afternoon was a quiet affair, I watched the GF with Mum and Dad (a Hawthorn supporter) whilst Reg phoned and SMS'd from Geelong. Dad was very happy, needless to say, and poor Reg had a long drive home.

The highlights of Sunday and Monday were;

- Enjoying some quiet time with Mum and Dad out on the front porch
- More shopping
- A long walk on the track and beach down from Flagstaff Hill
- Taking Reilly and Zebbo to the movies to see 'Wall-e'
- Sightseeing at Logan's Beach, a Whale Nursery but no Whales were to be seen that day
- Lunch with Mum, Dad, Reilly and Zeb at Images (again), great food at good prices
- A Kermond's burger for dinner, It's on the Top 101 list of things to do in Victoria, true!
- Some quality time with Cheryl, Reilly, Zebbo and Kybe.

We left Warrnambool at 7.30 am on Tuesday morning and after a coffee stop at Werribee, fuel at Benalla, Coffee and lunch with Bazza again in Albury and tea at Macca's in Gundagai (we should buy shares in that place) we arrived home in Gungahlin (ACT) at 7.30 pm.

Another good trip.




Additional photos below
Photos: 62, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



5th November 2008

gracias!
Thanks for the photos of everyone - I have downloaded a few onto my laptop... Good to see the weather behaved for you. It's just starting to get cold here now but no lingering snow as yet. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the warm weather! Love Emily
24th November 2008

Shoes glorious shoes
I have had soooooo many compliments on 'our' shoes - easily my favourite item of clothing!!! Great pics! See you soon... C

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb