Weekend getaway to the Sapphire Coast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Merimbula
October 4th 2008
Published: October 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


An invitation to a 60th Birthday Party was all the excuse we needed to take a welcome weekend break away. Especially when the party was being held in one of our favourite coastal towns, Merimbula on the Sappire Coast.

Merimbula is roughly a 3 hour drive from Canberra via Cooma, Nimmatabel and the Brown Mountain. After decsending the mountain the drive through Bemboka and Candello is pituresque. We have enjoyed many weekends in this pretty town and have been lucky enough to get 'up close and personal' to some humpback whales on a previous trip.

This time around we partied with the Howker family and friends to celbrate Dave 60th birthday. The celebrations took place at the Merimbula Wharf Restaurant, followed by the hospitality of Craig and Kerryn at their home in Tura Beach.

We found some great overnight accommodation through Wotif.com and had a comfortable night at Albacore Aprartments for $110.00. The Spa studio was fully self contained and had lovely views across the inlet to Fishpen.

We met up again with most of the partygoers the next morning for a hearty Sunday brunch at the Waterfront Cafe. After some shopping at Aqua Blue and a
Dave and CraigDave and CraigDave and Craig

Father and Son
stroll up the main street we reluctantly headed for home. We pulled over near the top of Brown Mountain to take in the views from the lookout and made our usual 'half way' coffee stop at the Nimmitabel Bakery, they definately have the best Steak and Pea pies and the yummiest Pear and Ginger slices, we can never go past it.

A great weekend (apart from the Raiders bombing out of the NRL finals).

Cheers

Glenda and Reg


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Good one Bailey and Jack!Good one Bailey and Jack!
Good one Bailey and Jack!

Craig and Kerryn's boys


Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0999s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb