Blue Mountains - Weekend Escape


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
November 5th 2008
Published: November 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A Weekend away in the Blue Mountains to celebrate Graham's 50th birthday.

Time for another break and this time we spent a weekend in lovely Leura in the Blue Mountains, to catch up with Graham, Jeni and Liam, Lara and Jade. Only a 3 1/4 hour drive from Canberra we arrived just after mid-day. It was a wet weekend but the rain held off for long periods enabling us to do some sightseeing and at times 'mountain climbing', not to mention some quality shopping time for Christmas gifts.

Our accommodation at Fairway Lodge was situated in a quiet, leafy cul de sac with views across to the Golf Course. We found it to be clean and very comfortable with a touch of class. The Mountain Breakfast was excellent and overall we thought it was great value. Our hosts Leonie and Ken made us very welcome and we would most certainly stay there again.

Highlights of our weekend were;

- Sightseeing at Sublime Point, the Leura Cascades and Echo Point in Katoomba
- Dinner at the 'Alex' with Jeni and Graham to celebrate his big 50th
- Shopping and more shopping in the lovely Leura shops
- Coffee and Chocolate at Josephan's
- Our visit to Jeni and Graham's Wentworth Falls home where we got to catch up with Liam but didn't get a photo of him!! We will target you at Christmas time Liam, look out!

Despite being a jam packed weekend we felt refreshed and relaxed and can't wait to get back to do some more exploring next year.









Additional photos below
Photos: 87, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb