Up Up and away Finally


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Tullamarine
September 29th 2011
Published: September 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bangkok bound......well not yet Jetstar says no!!!



Well after a pretty relaxed night and chowing down on McDonald's for dinner with Cheryl (Mat's Mum) we finished our packing and got to bed just after midnight, Then the next thing I know I was wide awake at 5am from the loudest thunder roar and it pouring down rain outside. We got up and woke both the boys that for the first time jumped out of bed pretty quickly compared to what they normally do, had our cuppa's and finished up the rest of the packing. Before we new it my brother Jerry was there to pick us up to take us to the airport.

After a very wet trip in through peak hour traffic we arrived at the airport to find out our flight had been delayed due to the bad weather that Melbourne experienced the night before and the airport had to shut down for 4 hours so they had a big backlog of flights. Settled down with a coffee and Bagel and both mine and Paul's phones went off a message from Jetstar saying that our flight had been delayed till 3pm...hahaha never mind the Qantas lounge is a god send and makes it a little more bearable until after the first hour in the lounge we hear over the PA Jetstar flight JQ29 is delayed until 4pm Jetstar apologises for any inconvenience and hopes there will be no further delays......Bugger hope this doesn't get any later going to be a very long day. Tim and Matt didn't seem to be bothered about the delay as they had their toys to play with (Laptop and 3D DS) but for how long, will the novelty wear off before they make the flight??????

Hopefully next time you hear from us we will be having fun and adventure in Bangkok

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb