Spooky!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Tullamarine
August 15th 2022
Published: August 15th 2022
Edit Blog Post

15th Aug 2019 Spooky! Three years to the day that Julie and I sat here waiting to depart for a big walk. That time destination UK and the walk was the Pennine Way.

15th Aug 2022 Spooky! Julie and I are sitting here waiting to depart for a big walk. This time destination UK and the walk is the South West Coast Path and the 2 Moors Way.

Where does the reservoir of excitement, anticipation and eagerness go when you’re at the airport. Is there a corner somewhere that‘s overflowing wth all the emotions that travellers bring to the check in queue? Met and chatted with 3 girls off to Edinburgh for a wedding (not theirs!) whilst in the check in line but by the time security, passport control and duty free is behind us any conversation, any outward display of anyone enjoying themselves is non existent. The most fun I’ve had in the last hour or so was completing the airport satisfaction survey.
It always amazes me just how busy the airport is. There’s a constant hubbub here as people quietly go about their business. Mondays are always busy but the steady stream of departures and arrivals must see passenger numbers in hundred thousands which is quite staggering. We still have an hour so so prior to boarding and close to 2 hours before departure so Julie and I have joined everyone else who seems to be connected to some electronic device is some way or other. To reinforce that connectiveness Lee just rang and Sarah and Jake, Marie and Owen have left messages. Thanks. I’m pretty sure that Janus was the most discombobulated. He gets super clingy when the suitcases come out and the packing process sees him become more and more agitated.

I’d be surprised but I may see if I can make eye contact with someone! Spooky again!

Caio for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb