Day 246 - ****ing insect bites


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Torquay
March 5th 2007
Published: March 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We had great plans for today, basically lots of surfing and beach-related chores. Unfortunately the insects - whatever they are - in the van had their most productive night of the whole trip and Gemma became ‘Gemma with the funny face’ for a day. So our plans were put on hold and all we really achieved was making a doctor’s appointment for the following morning. We had a wander around the shops, which are nearly all beachwear shops, and planned a little of the final 4 months of our year away. When Ed and Rob did their first triathlon in London, all confidence evaporated at the assembly point for the initial swim leg. We seemed surrounded by 6ft4 super-fit Aussies, and wondered how one country can produce so many athletes. We now have the answer - in Australia they have millions of keep fit, sporting and outdoor magazines. They even have 3 triathlon magazines, compared to 1 in England. It’s no wonder they’re so fit.

Back to the day, we did actually find ourselves at Bells Beach. This is a famous beach in surfing circles, and home to the upcoming ‘Rip Curl Pro’ event, but we didn’t think the surf looked up to much so left the dozens of experts who disagreed with us to it. To round off the unproductive day we ended up going back to the MSG-free Thai restaurant - it is seriously good and we cannot wait to get to Thailand if this is anything to go by.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb