Day 247 - Wind Swept and Waterlogged


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Torquay
March 6th 2007
Published: March 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

First thing was Gemma’s visit to the doctor for some relief from her insect bites, and she returned full of praise. If only we weren’t 11 time zones and 1 hemisphere from home, she’d probably register with them full-time. We returned to the waves that we thought we’d mastered on our lesson, and boy were we in for a shock. The waves were enormous, relentless and no place to try and move a 9ft piece of foam (or whatever it’s made of) tied to your ankle. The waves were in fact officially described as ‘chunky’, and who were we to disagree. So we had a good time and were riding waves for perhaps 10 seconds but could only manage a little over an hour before we’d had enough. The feeling afterwards was like that after an intensive workout (if the distant memory of that kind of thing is accurate!). The afternoon we spent in the only pub we could find, and it was that Aussie half-pub, half-bookmakers thing. Very characterless in terms of furniture and décor, but very characterful in terms of the people in there. There were a few workmen who must have been working hard because they’d got all their work done by 3pm, and plenty of regulars, very regular by the look of them.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1104s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb