Day 45 - Bangkok to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Ringwood
August 3rd 2016
Published: August 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Early wake up call - 0415. We have an 0500 car booked for an 0810 flight. Last night we got a notice that there was an emergency fix required to a pipe associated with the hot water. Down between 0100 and 0400. Huh, at 0430 the water was still a tinge above tepid. Ok awake now.

Meet the driver before 0500 Nd away we go. Traffic is very good at this time and we see Bangkok waking up. Interesting. Arrive at the airport in plenty of time. Express check in and our own security and customs counters - another perk. Into the lounge and we have about 1.75 hours to kill. Food and drinks then waiting, waiting.

Wander down to the gate. Lots of people in wheelchairs so they get priority boarding then we get on. seats are old style half lay back seats. Oh dear, disappointment. Anyway, away we go. Service on Thai Airways is superb food really good, but the seats were shite. Ratings on the 4 airlines we flew - Cathay #1, Austrain Air #2, Lufthansa #3 and Thai #4 (based on their seats).

Arrive at Tulla and out near the front. No other plane in so no queues. 1st at the customs kiosk, the straight through the customs check, bags off really quickly then into quarantine and straight out. Even beat the girls who were just parking the car as we came out. Good to see them but bloody cold. Luckily they had been warned that our jumpers were in the missing bag (no fairy bagman yet).

They haven't eaten so into Lygon St for a feed for them and a wine for us. Home and then off to bed - a tad weary.

Nice to be home And a surprise bunch of flowers from Janice and Guy and anothe one from Stephanie - nice touch.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb