Chasing the Koala


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mornington Peninsula
March 28th 2013
Published: March 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Touching down at Tulemarine Airport in Melbourne we headed through the city and south towards the Mornington Peninsula. The sunny skies of Australia marked our second continent and the main part of our trip. In our time here we've enjoyed the long sandy beaches, wine country (it would be rude not to) and checked out the local wildlife. On an unsuccessful trip exploring, we tried to see the dolphins (which were hiding) and despite hearing there were koalas in peoples gardens, there were none in the koala reserve we visited (also hiding). Although we did say hello to a kangaroo in the fields on Philip Island.

Melbourne's sky scrapers are surrounded by green parks and cute lanes filled with nice cafes and bars. In Melbourne where free is a practically unheard word, we managed to find the FREE tourist tram which took us round the city but it was quickly balanced out with an overpriced lunch. The culturally diverse city has been contrasted by our time spent outwith the Melbourne boundary in the suburbs where the beer is local and the accent is hard to follow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



2nd April 2013
View from Arthurs Seat

Arthur's Seat?!
Didn't know you'd hopped a flight back to the burgh! Haha, looks fabby! Keep the photos coming! XOXO
3rd April 2013
View from Arthurs Seat

Arthur's seat?
There was an actual seat..it was green!
4th April 2013

Life has been changed.
Blown away by the talent displayed above, Please get an agent (It would be rude not to).

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb