I Need A Dollar..


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
March 19th 2013
Published: March 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

From Sri Lanka to Singapore, we crossed the line dividing the Sri Lankan Rupee and the Singapore Dollar, the cheap with the expensive and the chaotic with well, a different kind of chaos. From the ramshackle streets of Sri Lanka we arrived in the clinically clean and organised, busy world of Singapore. With a fast and efficient train line, getting from A to B was a lot easier (and airconditioned) than the buses in Sri Lanka. Everywhere we explored, there was mass of people - tourists trying to navigate the subways and locals rushing to work. We explored Orchard Road for the (window) shopping, China Town for great food, Little India for the markets and Sentosa Island for the beach.

Doing Singapore on the cheap has its difficulties. Instead of staying at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel with the great views and infinity pool on the roof, we did the tour which also had great views (for 30 minutes, minus a dip in the pool). Still, with cheap and tasty food, happy hours in the bars, fantastic views, parks, great transport, modern architechture and the sun, Singapore is a hit with us!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement


Marina Bay Sands HotelMarina Bay Sands Hotel
Marina Bay Sands Hotel

Boat shaped infinity pool at the top of the three towers
Marina Bay Sands HotelMarina Bay Sands Hotel
Marina Bay Sands Hotel

View from the top!


20th March 2013

Hi
Hi Lucy, once again great wee blog and photos. I look forward to the complete guide to travelling the world on a shoestring by Lucy Crockert. Sue xx

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb