Is That A Koala I Hear?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mornington Peninsula
April 9th 2013
Published: April 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

A few weeks into our Australian experience and we haven't made it past Victoria. Distracted by the mostly nice weather (we've gotten a bit fussy now), local vineyards and never ending beaches we forgot our plans for finding work (ok, our memories not that bad) and instead had a great holiday! After all, we couldn't leave Victoria without seeing a koala. Luckily for our friends (who we were meant to stay with for only a few days), we spotted our first koala a few days ago in a tree by the road - a missed photo opportunity unfortunately.

Local pubs sit in every town with green surrounding gardens and live music playing. Driving between the towns, there are a number of vineyards each with their own restaurant and wine tasting. Living with a local, our time spent in the Peninsula was full of BBQ's and beach trips (you can imagine it's been a tough few weeks for us). With the city an hour or so away, the verdict from the locals was that the city was comparatively not the 'real' Australian experience. Having now seen a slice of life in the Peninsula - we're torn.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb