Autumn At It's Best in Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
May 13th 2014
Published: July 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -37.8143, 144.963

Flights went well. Landed in LA at 10 p .m. And had to take a shuttle bus to another terminal to catch next flight. That was a little scary, riding around on a bus in the dark between runways among the moving planes. For those who likes stats, we flew Virgin Australian from LA,California , in a Boeing 777 airplane. The flight was 15 hours and 45 minutes. We flew at an altitude of 35000 feet , 580 mph at a distance of 7966 miles. We passed the time by watching tv( personal tv behind each seat), listening to music, reading, and catching a little shut eye. Unlike our first flight from Detroit, this flight had no WiFi, but we didn't miss it.
We landed in the country of sunshine Tuesday morning at 8:30 am. The process of immigration and customs took a lot longer than it should have just a little less than 2 hours. We then caught a shuttle which took us to our hotel in the heart of the city center of Melbourne. After checking in we joined the crowds of people exploring and shopping in the central business district. We visited the popular Bourke Street Mall which was an open air shopping district. The street was closed off to cars but running through the center were trams. Besides the stores and restaurants there were several musicians performing along the street entertaining the crowds.
We hopped on the City Circle Tram which took us to some of the attractions we wanted to see. Some of these attractions included St. Paul's Cathedral, the Parliament House, The State Library, the Melbourne Arts Center, Federation Square, and the Yarra River which meanders through the heart of Melbourne.
During our wandering we had lunch at a Thai restaurant which was quite tasty.
We need to adjust to the time change and the fact that it gets dark here by 5:30. It is also the season of Fall here and the leaves are all changing colors and falling off the trees.
Tomorrow we have plans to continue visiting the sights in and around the city of Melbourne.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb