Home again, well kinda...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
September 27th 2006
Published: September 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The LONG trip home

Calgary - LA - Melbourne - Adelaide - Launceston

Hi Guys,

Just landed in sunny Melbourne a couple hours ago, greeted at the gate by the grin of one D. Mitchell, and was I glad to see him! I had left home in Cowtown about 32 hours earlier, and it was a bit of a trek....

My last few days in Calgary were pretty busy, taking in my first Flames game thanks to the generousity of Grant, seeing off Matty back to NZ, hitting the zoo for a nice afternoon 'date' with Muks, another keg party (minus the keg stands this time...) with Lynn and Brandon, and a big night out @ the cricket dinner.

The flames game with Grant was awesome, the Saddledome holds aboot 20,000 people I believe and despite it being a practice match, it was a great game against arch rivals the Edmonton Oilers. There was even a decent bust up between 2 players with helmets off going punch for punch. Oilers won 4-3 in overtime. Bugger...

After a couple of sessions up at the uni teaching cricket to the 3rd year kinesiology students, we saw Matt off back to NZ. We hit Jupiters for a nice lunch, followed by a 'wake'
FATS: Abe + Lynn + MuksFATS: Abe + Lynn + MuksFATS: Abe + Lynn + Muks

My last night ended where my first night began, FATS.
in the backyard to kill the remainder of the keg from the party on the weekend. Dinner down at Eau Claire followed along with my last C-train ride.

Friday saw my last official duty in Calgary, running a corporate function cricket day for the pres. Pasha. Friday night involved the Calgary Cricket League dinner at (who would have guessed?!?!?) another Indian restaurant. It was in fact an awesome meal, Matt & Shajib starred in the awards, and Ru & I even picked up a little award called the Presidents Cup, a nice little honour for some very enjoyable work with the Colts program and Calgary/Alberta teams. Afterwards we all got rolling drunk at Fuel, Tantra & the Warehouse again just for good measure.

Saturday evening rolled around and it was time to hit another kegger with Brandon, Lynn, Rhonda, Trevor and Garrett. Afterwards we found our way to the rooftop at Cieli's for one last beer before calling it a very weary night. Sunday was all about packing, a visit to the zoo to hang out with a pair of 3200kg hippos, and 20c wings and NFL industry pints at FATS. So, befitting the way my Calgary adventure started, it finished up at the 'burrrr' with Muks, Brandy, Lynn & Robbie.

Its been a an amazing 6 months, made lots of great new friends, and while I'm sorry to be leaving Cowtown behind, hopefully I will see them all again before to long...

Cheers guys.

Ciao.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Flames Game: ActionFlames Game: Action
Flames Game: Action

The Flames put up a good fight against Edmonton only to lose in overtime...
Dinosaur Park @ ZooDinosaur Park @ Zoo
Dinosaur Park @ Zoo

Me with the city skyline behind...


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb