Melbourne to Jindabyne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
April 15th 2013
Published: April 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Took the main highway out of Melbourne to Bairnesdale. It was raining a little bit, but not too bad and cleared up pretty quickly. Didn't need to get out the rain suit. From then, we got on the Great Alpine Highway through the Snowy Mountains. I think without question this has been the some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen. Pictures barely do it justice!

The road took us into the mountains and finally onto the Barry Way into Jindabyne. Barry Way was a dirt road, mostly in good shape, lasting about 160km. It took I think about 3 hours to do. Videos and pictures will be up pending a decent net connection!

This was a long day of riding. We left Melbourne at about 8:20. It was about 5:20 or so. So, about 9 hours of riding! A long day, but really great. We didn't do much in Jindabyne. Stayed at a little place called the Jindy Inn, which was quaint, but quite nice. Jindabyne reminded me of Mammoth. Its a winter resort town for the most part, so really quiet in the off season. Not too many people were around. Really just ate dinner and crashed out early after some reading. 9 hours on a bike is tiring!

Oh, in Jindabyne was the first time I rode on the wrong side of the road! For about 5 seconds while turning into a street looking for the Inn. Good thing no one was around!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb