Day 26 - Shabbat in East St Kilda (5 January)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
January 5th 2013
Published: January 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Shabbat is Shabbat wherever we are. It has a regular routine - shul (if I am up in time), lunch and sleep. And it was no different here. Esther's parents joined the lunch party which consisted of all the kids. Each child wanted to learn something different about Shabbat so that they could express what they had learned that week (even though they had been on vacation arriving back Friday afternoon). And of course the eldest knew all the answers before the littler ones could get a word in edgeways.

After lunch came sleep time. When we awoke 2 hours later I managed half a page of daf yomi and then we played with the kids and sat around schmoozing until the end of Shabbat.

After Shabbat we made our long goodbyes and Moshe took Kate, Don and me to St Kilda's pier to see the penguins. We saw just one but had a lovely long walk on the pier where the wind blew all the cobwebs out of our hair. Then he brought us back to the hotel.

Thank you family Loewenthal for a lovely, restful, family Shabbat.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0722s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb