A good reason to celebrate


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
July 14th 2012
Published: August 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Georgia and Byron are always excited around 2 April - it's Simone's birthday! With unusual restraint and quiet for first thing in the morning, they added their special touches to the birthday cards, gifts and surprise breakfast. Then there was the joyous bedroom invasion, with both diving on to the bed with squeals approximating wishes for a happy birthday. At one level it seems unfair to unleash festivities on someone so recently slumbering, especially when there's a camera involved, but there seems no fitting alternative, especially to our two enthusiastic cheerleaders!

Georgia takes great delight in giving. She is attentive as cards are opened and read, and relishes the hugs that follows. Byron is always there too, but sometimes he'd like the process sped up a bit. And Simone's appreciation of a book voucher is something of a mystery to the little man for whom gifts mean cars, tanks and helicopters.

Simone's birthday breakfast was followed by a birthday lunch, with Champagne for the toasts. Later there was a leisurely retreat to Laurent’s Patiserie for afternoon tea.

While the apartment is always in danger of being overrun by well intended gifts, Simone's capacity for pleasant experiences seems infinite. And so we strolled into town and dined at the local Chinese restaurant, The Flower Drum.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Maybe this was for me ...Maybe this was for me ...
Maybe this was for me ...

Perhaps not, Georgia!


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb