Melbourne Day 01


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 11th 2012
Published: February 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Arived at Tullamarine today, amongst 5 other planes, too huge ques and a rainy morning.

Along side Sophie, weighed down with 15kgs of carry on and desperate to add to it at duty free, Nat and I met Louise Poultney outside customs for a door to door taxi servous to Trevor and her beautiful home in North Fitzroy.



After ditching our bags we set off for natalies first food market experience. Nothing short of amazing,


• $1 Fresh Quail
• $11 Wild Rabbits
• 111 Varieties of European Cheese



Essential ingredients (cooking store) filled with hundreds of shinning copper pots and cookbooks from around the globe, including 'The Molten Cookbook', was nesseled among screaming vendors and butchers offering samples to anyone who dared walk close enough.

Sophie and Nat found it perticularly amusing that an old greek man choose Valintines day as his marketing ploy for his blue cheese, which was smelt on his breath long before you could understand what he was going on about.

After filling her weary travelers with awsome coffee louise set out and collected all the ingredients for the sunday afternoon paella. Resembaling stragling ducklings we inched our way through the numerous buther stalls to fish mongers ally. Babby octopus, sardines, blue swimmer crabs, rainbow trout and marron, all fresh, were pilled high on ice in what was a pescaterians wet dream.



Afternoon tea of cheese and crackers was followed by a short nap.

Off to Monash and goodbye to Sophie.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Street ArtStreet Art
Street Art

No side wall or ally way in Melbourne lacks colour!


12th February 2012

On your way!
Glad you got the blog set up. Thanks for the name of that shop...it is definitely going on the "List". I look forward to hearing more. Pix are great. Have fun you guys!
12th February 2012

how did u find this?
did u see this on FB? ? o and i hope ur subscribed!
12th February 2012

On your way!
yep, saw on Facebook, then subscribed. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures....Gorgeous weather here - Kevin off hunting marlins today....
13th February 2012

sounds like you guys have had a fun day, and got to see lots of FOOD!!! we enjoyed reading your notes will, very poetic.
13th February 2012

Hmmm..
Looks like you're having a horribly boring time. Better come to Hawaii instead!!!!
16th February 2012

Hello from Russell
Willy, I picked up 2.5kg packhorse cray yesterday and a couple of nice reds as well. Glad to see that you are settling in. Enjoy!! and hopefully, we will see you 15-20 March. Kevin

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb