4G – Improved, with faster and more recognisable data transfer


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
October 29th 2011
Published: October 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post


A cute little girl just got cuter. Georgia turned four years old on 8 October. Simone had found the perfect gift – a doll’s house. Armed with a previous degree in Ikea, we put it together the night before.

Not surprisingly, Georgia made an early appearance in our room, closely followed by Byron. Birthday hugs and the reading of cards followed, something that G continues to take a real interest in, even though she knows somewhere in the apartment is a cache of gifts just waiting to be unwrapped.

When Georgia got into the lounge she had to race Byron to get to the doll’s house and the brightly wrapped gifts. Together they tore the paper and examined the gifts. Simone had thoughtfully put some gifts for Byron amongst them, greatly reducing the potential for a loving sibling exchange of violence. Both were pretty happy by the time we settled down to fresh croissants and tea. It must be Simone’s influence that books featured prominently in the gift register.

But the birthday morning celebrations turned out to be only the first in a marathon of birthday celebrations. Cakes and gifts followed at Oma and Opa’s, Jenn’s, Grandma Joan’s, and Teatime and Tales. It was Georgia’s first birthday in Australia, and what a treat it was for her to be in the heart of the family. And of course, the best of Hong Kong was also there, with Joggy capping the celebrations with a hug and a gift.

By the end of the week Georgia seemed quite comfortable with the thought that each day was her birthday. For parents and tolerant adults co-opted to be party guests, Champagne can provide some relief. For the younger brother, Georgia’s friends seemed to be a bonus. Byron took a shine to Josephine, who at 4 years old was quite sensibly more interested in lollypops, even though Byron showed her his best dinosaur impersonation.

The celebrations were all a bit of fun, and for Georgia we hope that everyday feels like her birthday.



Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb