Down Under - At Last !!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
March 25th 2009
Published: March 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We finally made it. After 30 hours in planes, we are very tired and haven't gotten used to the time change (15 hours ahead of Ayr). About 10 hours of sleep on the way here.

In Japan, we didn't have much time to sight-see. We tried some different foods though. Our favourite was Udon (Japanese noodle soup). We only saw the airport in Singapore, but the flight was terrific. The service was great and each person had a TV that could play video games.

After we arrived in Melbourne, we were excited about driving on the left side of the road. We got honked at 5 times on the way to the Hotel. We walked around town and went to the Melbourne Aquarium. We saw sharks getting fed by scuba-divers. And there were lots of odd looking fish.

Right now, we are trying to stay awake sitting in a Krispy Kreme donught shop that has free internet. The doughnuts are delicious.

Hope all is going well back in Canada,

Jonathan and Adam (Rob & Missy too)

Advertisement



25th March 2009

Hi there you world travelers. It sounds like you want to sleep we gues that the time difference is really something to get used to. 15 hours you say so you can send us messeges and tell us what the day has in store for us Ha Ha. Any way have a good sleep and enjoy yourself. Nan and Pake
25th March 2009

Great!
Glad you made it there finally! Saw the news of the Fed-Ex plane crash in Tokyo and thought of you and your diversion. After all of airplanes and airports you've seen on this trip -- you will be experts and should consider taking Tania's job off her hands!! lol I remember I flew with NW once from Amsterdam-Detroit with one of the planes where we each had our own tv --- and could play video games. Everyone is getting pumped for the Swim-a-thon this week-end. As of today GOLD group leads the race in fundraising! Hey -- since you are not participating ---wanna make a pledge to someone who is? I know a few people that are --- I can send you the link --- no -- better yet --- just go to the website and find me on the swimathon page! Tell the parents --- you are in AUSTRALIA --- drive on the LEFT!!! We want you back here in one piece!
26th March 2009

safe arrival
So glad you guys made it to Australia. I am missing you already but hope things are going really good there for you. Seeing kangaroos and all the fun stuff there is to see? I rented a computer for a week as I wanted to know all the stuff that is going on with you guys. Have a safe great trip keep the information coming love to hear from you all...Love Mom xxxxoooo

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb