Before I leave 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 17th 2009
Published: February 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Pine Tree 1Pine Tree 1Pine Tree 1

View from Kitchen Feb 09 - Pine Tree
Sorting out the house is progressing...bins are full and piles are ready for filling them up again once cleared. The quotes for the backyard are coming in. And the trees are down! See the "before and after" shots.


The tree was becoming a nuisance (dropping leaves and also dead birds in all the hot weather) and I'm sure it was nowhere near finished growing, however I will miss the view out the kitchen window (especially when it had rained and all the needles sparkled with the drops).


I've compiled a daily weather spreadsheet so now I'm ready to purchase some warm clothes (as long as the daily averages are accurate!). The coldest temperatures I'm expecting (according to the averages) is -8 minimum and 6 maximum in Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia).


Speaking of traveller, we have been visited by another fellow traveller. Margie (Keri's mum) has been travelling down from the Sunshine Coast via train. Stopping off along the way to visit her many friends. She arrived in Melbourne on Monday. Di and I picked her up, after I managed to persuade Di she could drive into the city. She did well, especially navigating the Flemington Rd roundabout without too much difficulty (even if she felt the need to let out a couple of little screams along the way).


I've been trying out the new camera (a Cannon G10) so I'm familiar with it. All part of the preparations (much to the annoyance of all around I'm sure). See the photo of dinner with Margie...and the after dinner antics.


Steve managed to join us, after a tiring day at Arthurs Creek where he has been seconded to assist with co-ordination support for those from local area's who have been impacted by the recent bush fires.

Time to leave this now and do some more shopping!





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

A Traveller in TownA Traveller in Town
A Traveller in Town

Dinner with Margie
Skiing in Ferntree GullySkiing in Ferntree Gully
Skiing in Ferntree Gully

Margie showing her skiing skills (courtesy Wii).


Tot: 0.279s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb