Australia here we come!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
December 19th 2008
Published: December 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

so after we got organised we got a flight down to melbourne, staying in the Miami hotel & hostel... it was cheap and cheerful! first day was spent sight seeing - lovely city and then we went on the hunt for a camper van ! we were dissapointed a few times but after a few days we made a deal with this guy and bought our campervan..."JOEY".. we left melbourne with JOey packed to the brim on TUesday and began our travels up the east coast...first stop was a place called Lakes Entrance...quiet town but lovely... great views and lots to do. the first night we pitched our brand new tent and we were thrilled with ourselves!! second night the plan failed...we started off in the tent...and BY 2AM we had to retreat to the back of the van...(its a 92 nissan vanette - a bit like an old hiace...its not really a campervan!), so we left there and headed for Eden - te biggest hill billy town in the east! but our site was right on the lake and view were fab... a storm came and kind of wrecked our plan to camp..(hailstones like golf balls!) so again we slept in the van!! now were in Bateman Bay..a lovely little town and our campsite is class..again were right on a river. heading back up t o sydney on sunday and will post again after xmas...internet access not as accessible as thailand!

happy xmas everybody,

SLAN

Advertisement



22nd December 2008

Happy Christmas
Hi Shell and Alen, have a lovely Christmas and enjoy your new travels in 2009...xxx

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb