So we are now in Victoria!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
November 24th 2008
Published: November 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

Currently in a strange games place...total darkness and lots of geeks playing computer games and screaming at the screen...but they have cheap internet so its all good!!! Today we picked up our Wicked Camper after the biggest hike ever! (after kings canyon!). We absolutley loved Sydney, think i got up to the blue mountains in the last blog, we spent a few days with Jen & Col and then we headed into the city on our own a few times and spent the last day chilling out by their pool. Really enjoyed sydney, weather wasnt brilliant but still managed to see Manley, Bondi & Darling Harbour. Opera House and Harbour bridge is as amazing as i remembered from 1999..thanks for uploading those photos mum! So awful that i didnt look interested in some of them! Ungrateful!!!! We left Jen's on Friday and got the bus to Canberra. Not much going on in the capital of australia, it's purpose built and has no atmosphere about it....sydney is the capital for me!!! its fantastic!!! lots going on, so much to see and lots of places to go out...we really found some what i think were secret places, little hide aways away from tourists, was great. (thanks jen & col again!).

Canberra was bloody cold, there's a bitterly cold wind here atm, but it's actually 15-20c!!! lol! we are use to 30-35c! lol. Meant to be a nice day tomorrow though, we are due some more sun! Has been cold and overcast recently, australia isnt all sun sun sun! but when it does come out, its lovely, the place changes and really brightens up. gorgeous blue sky here too.

So arrived in melbourne yesterday after our last greyhound trip - hurraaahhhhhh!!!! had a good nights sleep last night, needed it! Melbourne wasnt what i expected either!! Nothing going on really? We did the Queen Victoria market which was massive, lots of tat but good to walk round and the best thing there i think is the MCG. Did a tour around the ground today and it is really amazing. U dont realise what is behind the scenes! all the media rooms, indoor cricket nets are massive, changing room facilities, hospitality facilites are incredible....so huge...seat 100,012 ppl! they obviously have 12 spare seats after making it seat 100,000 people! lol. so yeh u'll see photos soon, its the biggest stadium we've seen...wembley houses 90,000. and the MCG is for cricket!!! crazy eh! also the AFL final is held there.

Before visiting the MCG we picked up our camper, the wicked depot is in the middle of NO WHERE! got a train and then walked for about an hour with all our stuff (we have acquired another bag....bigger than our backpacks! hehe) it was like walking along the eastern road! but the place was a dive, sketchy and ppl just asking if we had a ciggarette? not change ciggarettes! hmmm sketchy! strange old place (west footscray) so we eventually reached the promise land and picked up our 'family guy!!!' camper. its very cool. it has 370,000km on the clock, fingers crossed the old girl keeps on going to adelaide!! another vehicle to add to the list, i have now driven a diesel, an old banger campervan and driven in australia! its not too bad at all, just need to watch the junctions...also they have these weird hook right turns...u have to be in the left lane...wait for the traffic to go and then turn right!! cant wait for one of those bad boys!!!! dan is navigator and i am driver :-) much fun :-D :-D

So that brings u guys up to date. Heading down the great ocean road for the next few days, heard its quite something. Looking forward to staying with dan's auntie and uncle in adelaide. do love those home comforts, not having to wash ur cutlery before u use it and being able to put ur toothbrush on the side in the bathroom! lol! u take it for granted people! also no toilet or shower in our camper, great! macdonalds it is!! ah this is the life!!! haha. who wud have thought that jo budd would be roughin' it. lol.

Right we're gonna sleep by the beach tonight in our lil camper :-)

Night guys, lotsa love...jobo xxxxxxxxxxx



Advertisement



25th November 2008

hippies!
I thought hippies had long hair, is dan going to grow his now!! or just get a wig for a few days! (don't forget the guitar!)

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb