Tasmania to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
September 22nd 2008
Published: September 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hamilton, TasmaniaHamilton, TasmaniaHamilton, Tasmania

Typical view of a small town in central Tasmania.
Sunday 9/21 was mostly a travel day. We drove from Hobart up through the mountains of central Tasmania to the north coast. We saw plenty of snow along the road. We were on gravel roads for about 40 miles or so. We went beyond Devonport to a small town called Burnie to look for platypus. We were not successful. We returned the rental car, which normally would not be a monumental event. In this case, however, Dean has concluded his left side of the road driving without any problems beyond leaving our mark originally on the Sydney Harbour Bridge with the RV! We are taking the overnight ferry back to Melbourne tonight.

On 9/22 we made it to Melbourne in decent but not terribly rested shape. After the ferry docked and we crammed our things into a cab, we were at our hotel before 8:00 a.m. We have been shopping and wandering around the city, but we are all a bit tired after the lack of decent sleep on the ferry. We will head out for more exploration tonight and tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Golfing SheepGolfing Sheep
Golfing Sheep

Notice the greens are fenced to keep the sheep out.
Highlands in TasmaniaHighlands in Tasmania
Highlands in Tasmania

We passed this lake in the highlands of central Tasmania. That is snow in the foreground.
Gravel HighwayGravel Highway
Gravel Highway

This was our highway in central Tasmania for about 40 miles.
Penguin, TasmaniaPenguin, Tasmania
Penguin, Tasmania

The town was called Penguin, and here is their mascot.
FerryFerry
Ferry

Full shot of the ferry back to Melbourne, dockside in Devonport, Tasmania.
Tram in MelbourneTram in Melbourne
Tram in Melbourne

We call them trolleys. In Australia, a trolley is a shopping cart.


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb